Friday, July 25

Traveling With (Grand)Parents

A few days ago, my parents joined us and will be traveling with us for 2.5 weeks. The fact I’m writing these lines at night from a lounge, drinking cold beer with Anat (our first date since who knows when…), gives the sense of having two more adults with us.
Indeed, staying 7 people in the same tent (or hotel room, which happened to be the case for us in Yellowstone – see my planned posting about camping here...) takes some flexibility from all parties, but as far as I can tell everybody is happy.

For my Mom, spending time with her granddaughters seems to be a dream come true. So much so, that I suspect the destination wouldn’t matter much, but Yellowstone being so beautiful certainly makes it even more enjoyable for her, not to mention for my Dad.
Noga and Hadas are thriving, with grandma’s constant attention and endless patience. I guess that by the end of this part of our travels, they’ll memorize all existing bible stories, skillfully told in the right manner by their grandmother.
And Maayan is being very friendly (as opposed to her reluctance during their last visit in April), which for my folks could alone justify a trip to the US...

As for Anat and myself – did I mention we can peacefully sip our morning coffee?!
Giora

No comments: